- All Inclusive
- Family Friendly
The intimate, privately-owned Hermitage Bay is comprised of just 25 luxury cottages so that "even at its busiest, the place seems remote and quaint.” Enjoy a members-only exclusivity as if the hotel was built for a select few.
The intimate, privately-owned Hermitage Bay is comprised of just 25 luxury cottages so that "even at its busiest, the place seems remote and quaint." Whether visiting for the first time or returning as a friend, you'll enjoy a sort of members-only exclusivity and "sensation of belonging" as if the hotel was built for a select few. Tucked into a beautiful bay in one of the most secluded corners of Antigua, it is perfect for those seeking to escape the hustle and bustle of city life.
Restaurants, Bars, & Lounges
One of Hermitage Bay’s most distinguishing qualities is their commitment to serve delicious meals made from the freshest, highest quality ingredients. As avid travelers accustomed to world-class cuisine, they consider dining to be an integral part of the holiday experience and hold the restaurant ambiance, service and cuisine to the highest of international standards. Under the direction of the seasoned yet ever-curious executive chef, Hermitage Bay offers a varied menu of Caribbean favorites, American classics, and modern European fare with an emphasis on fresh, locally sourced ingredients.
The multi-tiered, al fresco restaurant is quintessentially Caribbean. "Set up against the beach, (it) is just another picturesque element of the property," offering unobstructed views of the bay and a perfectly intimate setting. Though the restaurant is one of the hotel’s most charming attributes, you may also enjoy dining by the pool, in the lounge, or on the beach. Room service, private dining under the stars, and picnic lunches are available as an additional service. Regardless of setting the staff go to great lengths to ensure that "every meal (is) artfully presented and just delicious."
Recognizing that true 5 star dining is not limited to fois gras and caviar, the chefs at Hermitage Bay create savory entrées that are ideally suited to their guiding principles. The menus change daily, so that each meal becomes an occasion to sample different flavors and try original recipes. Local produce, poultry, and seafood are used liberally in accordance with the effort to minimize food miles. With so much emphasis placed on fresh, high quality ingredients and made-to-order entrées, "[the food] is what you would expect from a 5-star restaurant, not an all-inclusive resort."
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner menus that change on a daily basis
- Afternoon snack
- Canapes at cocktail hour
- Beverages, including premium branded drinks and a selection of house wines
- French Champagne (winter) and Prosecco (summer)
- Airport transfers via luxury 4x4
- Morning yoga, meditation and Pilates classes (alternating days)
- Non-motorized water sports, including snorkeling, windsurfing, Hobie cats and kayaks, including tuition
- Wi-Fi throughout the property, as well as a public laptop near reception
Hillside Pool Suite - "It truly feels enchanting and mixes essential Antiguan style with understated elegance". The views from the Hillside Pool Suites are truly awe-inspiring panoramas of the Caribbean Sea and lush landscapes that surrounds Hermitage Bay. The dense foliage and flowering vines that entwine the suites’ dark lattice fencing shield the private sundecks and plunge pools from neighboring suites and passers-by. The outdoor living space rivals that of the luxurious bedroom and in suite bath as each hillside suite features a wrap-around covered patio complete with double day beds, sofa love seat, small dining table and plantation chairs ideal for a morning coffee or sunset cocktail.
Scaling four tiers of the hillside behind the Antigua luxury resort, each of the 17 pool suites has been built to a standard size and laid out to maximize the views and privacy of its occupants. The first tier consists of suites 20 to 23 and is easily accessible via one of the hotel’s main walkways. These suites give one the benefit of the pool and views whilst being virtually right on the beach. Suites 24 to 36 span tiers two and three, while suites 37 through to 39 climb further up the hill, affording increasingly beautiful vistas and quiet seclusion.
Beachfront Cottages - "This is all about understated luxury with a rustic edge". The eight Beachfront Cottages at Hermitage Bay are staggered over two rows and extend from the edge of the white sand beach to the gardens just beneath the hillside. Each open-plan room has an in suite bath and split-level lounge that opens onto a wide patio complete with outdoor dining area, double day beds and reclining plantation chairs.. Built adjacent to the hotel facilities, the beachfront cottages are just a few steps away from the pool lounge, reception and restaurant.
Beach Cottages - These are identical to the Beachfront Cottages but set one row back on the beach but still benefitting from wonderful sea views between the cottages in front.
Deluxe amenities complement the rooms’ naturally beautiful, rustic charms. Elegant, mesh canopies adorn king size beds draped in luxurious Italian linens by Rivolta Carmignani. There are Green and Blacks chocolates in the mini-bars and Aromatherapy Associates bath soaps on the oversized, freestanding bathtubs. For your convenience and comfort, rooms are also equipped with an iPod docking station, 26" flat screen TV, DVD player, Wi-Fi and air-conditioning.
- Fitness Classes
- Nearby Golf
- Jogging Trails
- Non Motorized Water Sports
Hermitage Bay Wedding
- Complimentary upgrade from a Beachfront Cottage Suite to a Hillside Pool Suite with private pool and sunbathing deck
- Personal assistance in obtaining a marriage license
- Government fees, registrar costs and ceremony costs
- Marriage Officer to perform ceremony
- One Wedding Bouquet of fresh tropical flowers & Boutonniere per Wedding Couple
- Ceremony at a location of your choice at Hermitage Bay, decorated with tropical flora
- Two tiered Caribbean wedding cake and a bottle of French Champagne
- Private, romantic dinner on your wedding night in a candle lit setting on the pristine beach
- Champagne Wedding breakfast served on your veranda to celebrate your first day of marriage
- Original state-issued birth certificate or a valid passport
- All pages of the court certified final divorce decree, if applicable
- State issued death certificates with related marriage certificate, if applicable
- Legal name changes or legal adoptions papers, if applicable
- *Terms and conditions apply - See your Certified Destination Wedding Specialist for more information.