- Luxurious Property
- Family Friendly
This hotel has established new standards of luxury, comfort, and service - while preserving its rich, historic character. Indulge in elegant accommodations and see how the passage of time has enhanced this landmark treasure.
Imagine a destination as grand and storied as the Isle of Enchantment itself. Nestled in the heart of Old San Juan, Hotel El Convento has established new standards of luxury, comfort, and service - while preserving its rich, historic character. A masterpiece of Spanish Colonial architecture and design, this stunning San Juan hotel is the only "Small Luxury Hotel" in Puerto Rico and the oldest member of Historic Hotels of America. Indulge in elegant accommodations, lovingly restored from a 350-year-old Carmelite convent. Escape to the distinctive San Juan, Puerto Rico hotel ... and see how the passage of time has only enhanced the grace and charm of this landmark treasure.
Restaurants, Bars, & Lounges
Patio del Nispero - Enjoy elegant al fresco dining in the shadow of the hotel's famous century-old nispero fruit tree. The open-air Patio del Nispero offers a gourmet menu of tantalizing choices. Open for breakfast and lunch.
Pizza e Birra - The newest addition to the delightful courtyard of Hotel El Convento. Pizza e Birra offers a taste of classic Italian and American-Italian dishes, but the main attraction is definitely Pizza perfection. The Pizza comes out with your favorite quality ingredients in a thin, garlic scented crust. For the perfect combination Pizza e Birra features over 20 different craft beers from all over the world. The Pizzeria embodies all the eclectic elements that characterize the cobblestone city, with a cool modern spark.
El Picoteo - Overlooking the open-air courtyard of Hotel El Convento, El Picoteo tantalizes with a diverse tapas menu, exceptional wine list, and flawless service. Savor a sumptuous array of hot or cold tapas then try the paella, voted the best on the island. Allow us to help you select the perfect wine. Afterwards, the delectable dessert menu awaits, so be sure to leave some room.
- Daily Manager's Reception
- Plunge Pool and Jacuzzi
- Fitness Center
- Three diverse restaurants
- Veranda Terrace
- 24-hour Valet parking
- El Convento Beach Club
- Seven versatile meeting rooms
- Complimentary Wifi Internet Access
- Herb Garden
A gleaming architectural gem in the heart of Old San Juan, Hotel El Convento presents an exquisite alternative to conventional Puerto Rico accommodations. Discover this loving restoration of Spanish Colonial architecture and design ... which showcases rich mahogany beams, ornate handcrafted furniture, and Andalusian tile floors. Stroll through a lushly landscaped interior courtyard bathed in the soothing glow of wrought-iron lamps. Blending a distinctive, contemporary character while conveying the spirit of the Old World.
- Queen / Twin Superior - Luxurious accommodations with a Queen Bed or Twin Beds, beautiful Spanish furniture and Louver Doors that open to a veranda with limited view.
- Queen / Double Deluxe - Luxurious accommodations with a Queen Bed or Full Double Beds, high ceilings with mahogany beams, beautiful Spanish furniture and Louver Doors that open to a veranda partially overlooking the Historic City.
- Queen / Double Vista - Luxurious accommodations with a Queen Size Bed or Full Double Beds, beautiful Spanish Furniture and Louver Doors that open to a veranda with a magnificent view of the San Juan Bay or the San Juan Cathedral and a bustling town square.
- One Bedroom Suite - Luxurious accommodations with a parlor and separate bedroom, including either a Queen or Two Full Beds, beautiful Spanish furniture and Louver Doors.
- Pablo Casals Suite - Luxurious One Bedroom Suite with a King size bed in the master room and a full sofa bed in the parlor, Spanish louver doors that open to a veranda overlooking the Cathedral, antique marble floors, and beautiful decorations. Perfect for honeymooners!
- Gloria Vanderbilt Suite - Luxurious Master Suite with King Size bed in the Bedroom, Living and Dining rooms with exquisite decoration, magnificent marble bathroom with Jacuzzi, trompe l'oiel walls, and two sets of Spanish louver doors that open to a veranda overlooking the "Plaza de las Monjas" and the Historic City.
Number of Rooms
- Complimentary WI-FI high-speed Internet access
- Elegant marble bathrooms
- Plush bathrobes
- Goose-down pillows
- Flat-panel LCD satellite TV
- Bose radio and CD player
- Two-line telephones, with data ports
- Spacious work desk
- Hairdryer, iron, and ironing board
- In-room safe
- Refrigerator, filled with complimentary chilled water
- Coffeemaker and complimentary Alto Grande coffee
- Individually controlled air conditioning
- Herb Garden
- Nearby excursions
- One hour Cocktail Reception: Selection of five (5) Hors D'oeuvres; Two (2) glasses of Sangria per person.
- Toast: One (1) glass of House Champagne per person
- Dinner: Soup; salad; entree; coffee service; cake cutting fee.
- Beverage: 4 hours of Open Bar with a selection of: House Brands Liquors; Assorted Domestic and Imported Beers;
- Assorted Sodas, Bottled Water and Juices; House Wines (Red and White).
- *Terms and Conditions apply - Please see your Certified Destination Wedding Specialist for more details.